Dr. Stefano Fusi F.A.C.S. M.B.A.
Dr. Stefano Fusi F.A.C.S. M.B.A. has cultivated his aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery techniques during a career that spans nearly three decades. As a long-term faculty member at Yale University Medical School, Dr. Fusi has spent years training plastic surgeons in both cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. He has also enhanced his training through intensive collaboration with some of the world’s top plastic surgeons.
Originally from Italy, Dr. Fusi relocated to the United States in 1981 for a postdoctoral fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Yale University School of Medicine. He then refined his craniofacial techniques by completing a fellowship with esteemed surgeon Dr. Tony Wolfe prior to opening up his own practice.
Teaching and Continued Education
After accepting a position as Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine in 1993 and Associate Chief of Plastic Surgery in 2001, Dr. Fusi became deeply rooted in the local community. His approachability and affable nature gained him the Best Teacher Award in both 2001 and 2008 and 2015.
As part of his dedication to provide the latest and best techniques, Dr. Fusi has sought world-renowned experts in a variety of specializations.
- Dr. Phillip Blondeel, Aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery.
- Dr. Corrine Becker: Lymphedema and vascularized lymph node transfer.
- Dr. Fu-Chen Wei: Lymphedema and head and neck microsurgery.
- Dr. Timothy J. Marten: Facial rejuvenation, fat grafting, blepharoplasty, and facelift.
- Dr. Roger Khouri: Fat grafting, and aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery.
- Dr. Francois Firmin: Ear reconstruction.
Since establishing his practice in 1991, Dr. Fusi has emerged as one of the region’s top plastic surgeons. Dr. Fusi has attained the rigorous requirements for education, training, surgical ability, and ethical standards from the American College of Surgeons, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. As a respected plastic surgeon with high professional standards, his innate warmth and personal approach to patient care combined with nearly thirty years of experience distinguishes his practice.
A favorite of Houston patients for four consecutive years and one of the nation’s most respected breast reconstruction surgeons, Dr. Fusi has assisted numerous women with the challenging process of reconstructive breast surgery. In addition to his work with breast cancer survivors, Dr. Fusi has accumulated training from his:
- General Surgery Residency at Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
- Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship at University of Miami Children’s Hospital.
- Plastic Surgery Residency at Yale University School of Medicine.
Dr. Fusi’s diversity of knowledge qualifies him to perform more complex plastic surgical procedures with the confidence and skill needed to achieve the best possible results.
Dr. Fusi is an active member of several professional organizations that frequently discuss contemporary developments in plastic surgery. These include the:
- American Association of Plastic Surgery.
- American College of Surgeons.
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery.
- American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association.
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Northeast Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- International Conference for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- New England Society of Plastic Surgery.
Drawing from a vast network of knowledge available from conferences and networking opportunities, Dr. Fusi continues to expand his surgical knowledge.
During his work in various specializations, Dr. Fusi has published numerous findings in medical journals. He has contributed to several fields, including:
- Breast reconstruction.
- Coronary bypass surgery..
- Maxillofacial surgery.
- Melanoma research.
- Burn reconstruction.
A long-standing advocate of supporting people in need of surgical care, Dr. Fusi has contributed his time and surgical expertise to international organizations such as:
- Operation Smile.
- Healing the Children.
- Changing Children’s Lives.
As an active part of the international community, Dr. Fusi’s warmth and compassion extend to underserved communities in the Middle East, Central and South America, and Asia.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Craig, contact our Houston office at 713-346-9909, to schedule your consultation.